Thursday, September 17, 2009

Metamerism

Specifically, Epson 7500 Metamerism hit me hard last night. I was printing out one of my works on glossy photo paper and I noticed that the printout looked a bit greenish. Yuck. I’m looking for a way to work around it, but the solution I seem see over and over again is to buy a better printer. Trouble is, the next better printer is about 10,000 bucks! The alternative is to get a RIP, in this case a Rip Station 5100, which is 5000 bucks and doesn’t even promise to fix the problem. There are other RIPs, software or hardware that aids in printer quality images, but they are all expensive.

Searching around the web, it looks like the glossy photo paper I’m using makes the problem worse. Perhaps I’ll go back to canvas only.

No comments:

Post a Comment